Thursday, June 23, 2011





picture copyright Kim Malonie 2010


My eyes met hers as she walked down the hall looking into the kennels. I knew instantly she needed help and I had to help her. I wagged my tail excitedly so she would notice me. When she stopped at my kennel I blocked her view from the little "accident" I had at the back of my cage, I didn't want her to know the shelters helpers were far too busy and I hadn't been out of my kennel today, they do the best they can....

As she was reading my kennel card I hoped she wouldn't feel sad about my past, I have the future to look forward to and I want to make a difference in someone's life!

She got on her knees and made loving and soothing sounds to me so I put my shoulder and side of my head against the bars to help comfort her. She gently caressed my neck. I knew she desperately needed my companionship, a tear rolled down her cheek as I raised my paw to tell her that everything would be alright.

Soon my kennel door opened and her eyes and smile were so loving and bright I instantly jumped right into hers arms! I promised her I would keep her safe and I promised to always be with her as long as she needed me. I promised her I would do everything I could to see that loving beautiful smile and sparkle in her eyes.  


I was so lucky that she came to the shelter today, there are so many more people out there who haven't walked down the hall, so many more to be saved. At least I could save one person.


TODAY, I RESCUED A PERSON!




No comments:

Post a Comment